- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Tuesday, 08 September 2015 15:45
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 85066
Labtests provides high quality, accessible, sustainable and affordable laboratory services that contribute to the health and well being of the greater Auckland community. Our employees are committed to achieving Labtests vision.
For further careers information, and current vacancies, please visit the Labtests Careers website
The Labtests Recruitment Process
- All positions will be advertised on the Labtests Website. Additional advertising may occur in newspapers, employment websites such as Seek or Trademe and specialist locations or publications.
- All applicants will be required to complete an application for employment form and attach a current CV and cover letter.
- All applications will be considered on their merits.
- Applicants who will not be interviewed will receive this information via email (if they have a current email address) or by post.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange a suitable time for an interview. The interview will cover:
- Technical expertise and experience questions,
- Interpersonal and behaviour questions;
- Applicants will be asked to outline how their work skills & work practices will align with and enhance our 6 core values. (Example: Applicants will be asked to outline how they will display Professionalism or Cultural Appropriateness in their work).
- After the interviews applicants will be given an indication of the timeframe for any decisions or the next step in the recruitment process.
- Applicants may be required to attend second interviews or undertake practical skills assessment.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the interview process.
All applications will be treated with the highest levels of confidentiality. Each application will be equally considered on its merits.
Please visit this website regularly to keep informed of the latest news on our recruitment process.
To automatically receive recruitment information please register your interest at the Labtests Careers website.
Is my application confidential?
All applications and registrations of interest are treated in strictest confidence.
Can I bring whanau or other support to my interview?
You are welcome to bring whanau or other support people to your interview. Please let us know if you'd like to bring more than one person to ensure we have enough space available.
Do you employ overseas applicants?
Our priority is to employ laboratory and collection centre staff who currently work in the Auckland region. However, anyone qualified and entitled to work in New Zealand will also be considered for available roles.
What are the operating hours of the Labtests main laboratory?
The general operating hours for our Mt Wellington laboratory are 8am till midnight. Different departments will have varying hours depending on their needs.
What staff facilities do you have available?
We provide a comfortable, clean, relaxed environment for your time outside the lab. We have a modern cafe where you can buy food and coffee. We also have facilities for you to make your own lunches, plus a locker room and shower facilities.
If I drive my car to work, will there be enough parks?
We have parking available in the vicinity of the Laboratory.
How will I get there if I live outside the area?
Our Mt Wellington laboratory is located behind Sylvia Park shopping complex and is easily accessible by road, bus and train services.
What sort of equipment is used?
Labtests uses the very latest automated and computerised laboratory testing technology, including a state-of-the-art Siemens ADVIA LabCell which is capable of running a wide range of tests simultaneously and can handle up to 900 patient samples per hour.
How many samples will you be testing each day?
At full capacity we are capable of processing approximately 8,500 samples a day.